Grocery List 4/13/17 + Meal Planning (Whole30-ish)
Hooray, it’s officially my weekend! My work has tomorrow as a holday, which is perfect because Riley’s daycare is closed. We had to buy a few more items than I’d hoped, but this week the grocery list was still pretty good. I narrowly escaped an impulse purchase at Sam’s Club (their clothing section is a danger zone. Stay away!). Also, we are preparing for Easter Weekend. In fact, a recipe is going to come out of this grocery list. So if certain items seem out of place, this is why 🙂 Anyways, here’s what I bought for the week!
- Chocolate chips
- 2 dozen eggs
- mushrooms (2)
- orange juice
- frozen veggies
- lemon-lime soda
- pork butt
- frozen peaches
- frozen strawberries
Local Health Store
- Coconut aminos – so expensive, but SO necessary for flavor.
- Hawaiian sea salt
note: I got a very small amount of the hawaiian sea salt in the bulk section. This is for a specific recipe and I knew I wouldn’t use up a 1lb bag (which run about $20, yikes!) so I just bought a few tbsp, which was a little over $1 🙂
- Peanut butter pretzels – Travis wanted this for his Easter treat lol
- Smoked Turky Deli Meat – surprisingly great ingredients! Not Whole 30, but a great “Food Freedom” item.
- a pitcher…We literally didn’t own one. We’ve talked about buying one for when people are over but it hasn’t happened. I ended up getting one at Target on sale and with a gift card for $4 out of pocket. Of course once I got home realized I probably should’ve checked Goodwill. But it’s very pretty and sturdy so I’m keeping it.
Meal Plan Ideas
- Frittata of the week
- broiled fish and green beans
- steaks, potatoes, and coleslaw
- Easter Dinner w/ in-laws
- Potatoes and eggs
- spaghetti (will need to get zucchini later)
- nomnompaleo’s slow cooker kahlua pig – fyi this was the recipe I needed the hawaiian salt for. I completely trust her judgment!
If you have any great recipes or delicious meals, please let me know! I’m ALWAYS looking for more ideas. Pinterest only goes so far!
Rachel is the creator and owner of Fresh Pine Co. and it’s subsidiaries, including allwavyhair.com = the #1 Web Source for naturally wavy hair information & tips. Rachel received a Breakout New Blogger Scholarship at FinCon 2018. She enjoys writing niche content about budget lifestyle, eco-friendly living, and mental health.