Fitness Wins & Fails 7/8/18
Happy Sunday! I began by writing out my Money Wins & Fails, then decided to do a roundup of my fitness wins and fails! I like this whole idea because it keeps me honest. It also gives a lot of insight into my personality.
Little things add up quick. Don’t Discount the Small Victories, and Keep Tabs on the Little Losses.
Health & Fitness Wins
- I did 5 workouts this week (went to the gym 6 times but once was family pool time)
- One of those workouts was on the 4th of July!
- One of those workouts was a REALLY hard bootcamp class. It was my first one, and it was really hard! REALLY HARD, but I did it!
- A pair of shorts that didn’t button up last week did today. But something about elastic shorts was still better.
- I’ve woke up with my husband (or before) each morning – this is also a fail.
- About a week ago I started taking collagen peptides to help my postpartum hair loss.
Health & Fitness Fails
- I didn’t sleep quite enough – I have been going to bed a bit late but still getting up early. This is catching up to me.
- An empty can of Coca-Cola is next to me, and it didn’t get there by itself.
- I bought a tasty Paleo dip at costco, but ate it for the taste vs. out of hunger multiple times. (it’s really, really good!)
- We did a family pizza night and something caused me to get really sick. It was either the gluten in the homemade crust or the dairy-free cheese. I looked about four months pregnant within an hour, had horrible brain fog, and had to go to bed almost immediately beecause I was exhausted (thankfully the kids were asleep). I slept about 11hours and woke up feeling much better. There will be some additional updates on this sort of stuff as I’ve had a few health things going on.
Let me know your biggest fitness win (or fail, no judgement here!)
Hi, my name is Rachel Smith. I’m a personal finance nerd, Aldi connoissuer, book lover, yoga enthusiast, and budgeting wiz. I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska but currently call Michigan home. I want to help people with their finances and eating healthy on a tight budget (no matter what your cost-of-living area is!)