I’ve been “meal prepping” for years. Only recently did my husband and I realize how ineffecient we were actually being with our meal prepping and our meal plan. Sure, we could have several meals cooked up, but by the time we’d get to eating those […]
Had to do a quick-ish meal prep of my lunches for a week, so I decided to make (and double!) a recipe I’ve already tried before: Fried Chicken Meatballs with Collard Greens. If you aren’t familiar with my “Through the Cookbook” series, read the intro […]
This week has been another good one budget-wise and food wise!
- Diced tomatoes
- Coconut cream
- Chicken tenderloins
- Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Sausage
- Aidell’s Ginger and Scallion Sausage
these sausages are my lifesavers and thankfully were on sale!
- Bell peppers
Meals to prep
- Breakfasts – Hard boiled eggs (or aidell’s sausage) with guacamole and produce. No frittata this week!
- Chicken Pad Thai – recipe to come soon! Yes it’s Whole30!
- Swiss Steak and Mashed Potatoes – also Whole30!
- Toddler potty seat – eek yes potty training will be happening soon! I got the kind that sits on top of the regular toilet because it takes up less space
Well, it’s been a while since I have posted a grocery list. The truthful reason is that we have been slacking on meal prepping! We went camping two weeks ago, and have people over through the holiday weekend. This meant that meal prepping got lowered […]
Does anyone feel like they tend to always run out of EVERY stinking household good at once? I know that it evens out but from looking at my list it is going to be a more expensive trip. April overall has been a great budget […]
Hooray, it’s officially my weekend! My work has tomorrow as a holday, which is perfect because Riley’s daycare is closed. We had to buy a few more items than I’d hoped, but this week the grocery list was still pretty good. I narrowly escaped an impulse purchase at Sam’s Club (their clothing section is a danger zone. Stay away!). Also, we are preparing for Easter Weekend. In fact, a recipe is going to come out of this grocery list. So if certain items seem out of place, this is why 🙂 Anyways, here’s what I bought for the week!
- Chocolate chips
- 2 dozen eggs
- mushrooms (2)
- orange juice
- frozen veggies
- lemon-lime soda
- pork butt
- frozen peaches
- frozen strawberries
Local Health Store
- Coconut aminos – so expensive, but SO necessary for flavor.
- Hawaiian sea salt
note: I got a very small amount of the hawaiian sea salt in the bulk section. This is for a specific recipe and I knew I wouldn’t use up a 1lb bag (which run about $20, yikes!) so I just bought a few tbsp, which was a little over $1 🙂
- Peanut butter pretzels – Travis wanted this for his Easter treat lol
- Smoked Turky Deli Meat – surprisingly great ingredients! Not Whole 30, but a great “Food Freedom” item.
- a pitcher…We literally didn’t own one. We’ve talked about buying one for when people are over but it hasn’t happened. I ended up getting one at Target on sale and with a gift card for $4 out of pocket. Of course once I got home realized I probably should’ve checked Goodwill. But it’s very pretty and sturdy so I’m keeping it.
Meal Plan Ideas
- Frittata of the week
- broiled fish and green beans
- steaks, potatoes, and coleslaw
- Easter Dinner w/ in-laws
- Potatoes and eggs
- spaghetti (will need to get zucchini later)
- nomnompaleo’s slow cooker kahlua pig – fyi this was the recipe I needed the hawaiian salt for. I completely trust her judgment!
If you have any great recipes or delicious meals, please let me know! I’m ALWAYS looking for more ideas. Pinterest only goes so far!