Had to do a quick-ish meal prep of my lunches for a week, so I decided to make (and double!) a recipe I’ve already tried before: Fried Chicken Meatballs with Collard Greens. If you aren’t familiar with my “Through the Cookbook” series, read the intro […]
This week has been another good one budget-wise and food wise! Onions Diced tomatoes Coconut cream Bacon Arrowroot Chicken tenderloins Mushrooms Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Sausage Aidell’s Ginger and Scallion Sausage these sausages are my lifesavers and thankfully were on sale! Bell peppers coleslaw Meals […]
Well, it’s been a while since I have posted a grocery list. The truthful reason is that we have been slacking on meal prepping! We went camping two weeks ago, and have people over through the holiday weekend. This meant that meal prepping got lowered on our priority list. We were also burnt out of Whole30/Paleo meals. It took almost a year and a half but we just could.not.think.of.anything that actually sounded good. Then, we realized that we both felt awful and needed to be eating better. When we eat better, we feel better. It sounds cliche, but it’s really that simple.
Everything came from Aldi today! Mostly because we were still a little lazy, and Sunday mid-morning isn’t the best time to shop (though MUCH better than early Sunday afternoon)
- Whole Grain Bread (for Riley’s PB&J’s if we make them)
- some spices
- Sparkling lemonade – for the bottle! It’s the swing type kind that can build pressure. Perect for my homemade kombucha!
- Minced garlic
- Red Pepper Sauce – for Travis (it had soy)
- Raspberry Vinagrette (not Whole30, but is Paleo)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Multi – colored bell peppers (x 2)
- Strawberries (x 2) – these were only $0.99 each!
- 2 Dozen Eggs
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Life Jacket for Riley – we were excited to find this so we can take her kayaking!
- Fresh flowers – I showed these on my Instagram but they are super bright and cheerful
- Greeting’s day cards – okay, I was seriously impressed by these. They were Hallmark quality, or $.049 apiece! I got one for an upcoming graduation party, one for Father’s Day, and one for our wedding anniversary (which I think was technically a Father’s Day card? but it worked for this occassion too)
- Bike Pump
- Heavy Duty storage boxes (x 2) – these were quite impressive for the price!
Overall, this is the first time I’ve ever spent over $100 at Aldi! Mostly because of the non-food list. Still, we managed to get a lot of great prices and got three types of protein.
Meals Planned so far
- Breakfast Frittata – onion and sausage this time
- Ultamite Grilled Kabobs (recipe soon!)
- Plantains seared in ghee (Side dish)
- Tacos (beef for Travis/Riley, Shrimp/Fish for me) with toasted cauli-rice
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Side dish)
Does anyone feel like they tend to always run out of EVERY stinking household good at once? I know that it evens out but from looking at my list it is going to be a more expensive trip. April overall has been a great budget […]
Hooray, it’s officially my weekend! My work has tomorrow as a holday, which is perfect because Riley’s daycare is closed. We had to buy a few more items than I’d hoped, but this week the grocery list was still pretty good. I narrowly escaped […]