Hooray, it’s officially my weekend! My work has tomorrow as a holday, which is perfect because Riley’s daycare is closed. We had to buy a few more items than I’d hoped, but this week the grocery list was still pretty good. I narrowly escaped an impulse purchase at Sam’s Club (their clothing section is a danger zone. Stay away!). Also, we are preparing for Easter Weekend. In fact, a recipe is going to come out of this grocery list. So if certain items seem out of place, this is why 🙂 Anyways, here’s what I bought for the week!
- Chocolate chips
- 2 dozen eggs
- mushrooms (2)
- orange juice
- frozen veggies
- lemon-lime soda
- pork butt
- frozen peaches
- frozen strawberries
Local Health Store
- Coconut aminos – so expensive, but SO necessary for flavor.
- Hawaiian sea salt
note: I got a very small amount of the hawaiian sea salt in the bulk section. This is for a specific recipe and I knew I wouldn’t use up a 1lb bag (which run about $20, yikes!) so I just bought a few tbsp, which was a little over $1 🙂
- Peanut butter pretzels – Travis wanted this for his Easter treat lol
- Smoked Turky Deli Meat – surprisingly great ingredients! Not Whole 30, but a great “Food Freedom” item.
- a pitcher…We literally didn’t own one. We’ve talked about buying one for when people are over but it hasn’t happened. I ended up getting one at Target on sale and with a gift card for $4 out of pocket. Of course once I got home realized I probably should’ve checked Goodwill. But it’s very pretty and sturdy so I’m keeping it.
Meal Plan Ideas
- Frittata of the week
- broiled fish and green beans
- steaks, potatoes, and coleslaw
- Easter Dinner w/ in-laws
- Potatoes and eggs
- spaghetti (will need to get zucchini later)
- nomnompaleo’s slow cooker kahlua pig – fyi this was the recipe I needed the hawaiian salt for. I completely trust her judgment!
If you have any great recipes or delicious meals, please let me know! I’m ALWAYS looking for more ideas. Pinterest only goes so far!